Just after BMW announced the launch date of the M340i sedan in India, the German carmaker is here with another offering and it will be the BMW xDrive30i SportX. This all-new variant will now be the entry-level variant for the X3 trim. Further, it will be assembled at the Chennai Plant itself.
- BMW has launched the all-new BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX in India.
- It comes with a price tag of Rs.56.50 Lakh onwards.
- The all-new entry-level variant comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX Variant
Inside the cabin, the all-new SUV comes with an 8.8-inch infotainment system, three-zone climate control and a 5.7-inch MID display among others. Also, being an entry-level variant it misses out on multiple features that the top-end variant offers. The 19-inch alloy wheels have been replaced by a new set of 18-inch units just to make it a more affordable SUV.
The engine that powers the all-new BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine. Further, it produces a massive 252HP and a peak torque of 350Nm while being mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox. In terms of performance, it can do a 0-100 kmph sprint in just 6.3 seconds.
Customers who will be placing an order before 28th February 2021 are expected to enjoy benefits of upto Rs.1.50 Lakh. These benefits include all kinds of maintenance work. Apart from this, there are multiple accessories on offer, precisely – an air purifier and LED door projectors among others.
Right now, BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX costs a premium of somewhere around Rs.56.50 Lakhs (ex-showroom). The German carmaker has also decided to introduce the BMW X3 M40i xDrive in India soon. However, this all-new performance SUV will sit just below the X3 M which comes with a price tag of Rs.99.90 Lakhs.
In India, BMW X3 xDrive30i SportX will compete against the likes of Volvo XC60, Mercedes Benz GLC and Land Rover Discovery Sport. Want to learn more about the rivals? We have covered all the details for you.
- Volvo XC60 – Volvo XC60 comes with a 1969cc diesel engine that is capable of producing a massive 235BHP and 480Nm of torque. Apart from this, the luxury SUV coles with a price tag of Rs.59.90 Lakh (ex-showroom).
- Mercedes Benz GLC – Mercedes Benz GLC is one of the highest-selling cars from the German carmaker in India. Meanwhile, the reason for such massive popularity is the value for money factor. Also, it is available in both petrol and diesel trims. Currently, Mercedez Benz GLC comes with a price tag of Rs.57.36 Lakhs for the petrol variant and Rs.63.13 Lakhs (all prices ex-showroom) for the diesel variant.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport – The only British car amongst others is priced between Rs.60.97 Lakh-Rs.64.44 Lakh in India. Even the all-new Land Rover Discovery Sport is available with a petrol as well as a diesel engine on offer. Meanwhile, JLR has recently announced that the company is ready to become all-electric by 2025.